Lauren CortezAtlanta Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Welcome! I’m Lauren Cortez, a licensed professional counselor specializing in helping women navigate relationships and life transitions such as young adulthood, marriage and motherhood. I enjoy helping women find freedom and confidence in who God created them to be, rather than who the culture says they should be. I have served clients in the metro Atlanta area for the past eleven years, and my practice is built on trust, wise and pragmatic counsel, and professionalism.
Revive has been a longtime dream of mine that came to fruition in 2014. My goal is to create a safe environment for women to work through past hurts, find freedom from ongoing struggles, grow in their true self, and thrive in their lives and relationships. I believe trust is built through genuine honesty and authenticity, and my counseling style is engaging, conversational and collaborative. I’m an encourager by nature; not one to pass judgment, nor one to please. I enjoy walking alongside my clients and empowering them to make healthy decisions for themselves.
My education and qualifications include:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT001272)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC007169)
- Master’s degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, Richmont Graduate University
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Development & Family Studies, Auburn University
- Gottman, Level One Certified Trainer
- Prepare/Enrich Certified Facilitator
- Past positions have also given me the opportunity to work in diverse clinical settings including private practice, Ridgeview Institute, Hope Counseling Center, and several churches in the metro Atlanta area.
On a personal note, I enjoy traveling and experiencing different cultures (with India and France being favorites), running and spinning, cheering for Auburn, drinking strong coffee and reading a good book. I strive to live a real life – one that is not necessarily Instragram-worthy. I dislike alligators and lemon seeds, and I love spending time with my husband, Gordon, and being a mom to our toddler son, Baker.